Class Title: Creative Writing Camp with Mrs. Fisher- Session 1
Teacher/s: Wendy Fisher
Grades: 4-7 Time: 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Experience a creative approach to writing skills that are necessary for future success.
- Engage in Common Core-aligned writing lessons that address audience, task, and purpose.
- Practice the entire writing process: prewriting, drafting, sharing, revising, and publishing.
- Work on writing skills in a 20:1 student/teacher class.
- Fill your journal with creative ideas that will encourage daily writing well beyond our one-week camp.
- End camp with an Open Mic celebration where students will share their published work.
- Receive a camp anthology!
Mrs. Fisher has taught writing camps for the past 16 years! As a member of the National Writing Project, Mrs. Fisher is continually working to improve her methods of teaching writing. Her previous writing camp students will often share that they were happily surprised to find out that writing camp is fun! She has a Multiple Subject Credential and a Single Subject Credential in English, as well as a master's degree in creative writing from USC.